School Board Candidate Filing
Any person wishing to file for the Festus R-VI School District Board of Education may do so at the Roy D. Burnside Administration Building located at 1515 Mid-Meadow Lane, Festus, MO 63028 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. beginning Tuesday, December 11, 2018, through Monday, January 14, 2019. The final day for filing will be Tuesday, January 15, 2019, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. There will be two positions up for re-election with each being a three-year term. In addition, there will be one position which is a one-year term to fill an unexpired term that was vacated in January 2018. An election for seats on the board will be held Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
Any person interested in serving on the FestusSchool District R-VI School Board of Education will meet the following requirements:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be a resident taxpayer of the Festus School District
- Have resided in Missouri for a minimum of one (1) year preceding their election.
- Be at least 24 years of age
- Must not be delinquent in the payment of state income taxes, personal property taxes or real property taxes on their place of residence. If an applicant is a past or present corporate officer of any fee office, that office cannot be delinquent in the payment of any taxes owed the state.
- Have not been found guilty of nor pled guilty to a felony under the federal laws of the United States of America or to a felony under Missouri law or an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in Missouri.
- Not be registered or required to be registered as a sex offender.
- Have filed, or the treasurer of an existing candidate committee has filed, all required campaign disclosure reports with the Missouri Ethics Commission, when applicable for all previous elections in which they were candidates.