Tonight's Freshmen, JV and Varsity basketball games versus Hillsboro have been postponed. That means tonights Hall of Fame induction honoring the late Kevin Kinder have also been postponed. The games and Hall of Fame induction have been moved to Saturday, February 9. The Freshmen game will begin at 4:15, JV at 5:30 and Varsity at 7. The Hall of Fame induction will take place between the JV and Varsity games.
The Festus R-VI School District now distributes flyers via digital distribution through Peachjar. We strive to work with community organizations to provide our students and their families valuable opportunities and experiences. All flyers submitted for distribution are subject to district approval. Peachjar charges a small fee for distribution. If you would like to submit a flyer for approval you can click here.
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format and smaller than 6 MB.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
Peachjar will automatically add the following disclaimer:
"DISCLAIMER: The Festus R-VI School District does not sponsor this program. Distribution of this flyer is a community service and does not imply endorsement by the District.
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
Winter break is quickly approaching. Our last day of classes will be an early dismissal day. Please click here to see the early dismissal times for each school building. These are updated times and are different from previously posted early dismissal times.
Early release times are:
Elementary (Grades K-3) Dismissed at 1:10 p.m.
Intermediate (Grades 4-5) Dismissed at 1:10 p.m.
Intermediate (Grade 6) Dismissed at 12:10 p.m.
Middle School (Grades 7-8) Dismissed at 12:00 p.m.
Senior High (Grades 9-12) Dismissed at 12:10 p.m.
Early dismissal for inclement weather during the winter months is contingent upon the weather and road conditions. Notification of school closure and/or early dismissal's because of weather will be made using the Phone/Text alert via Schoolmessenger, as well as social media and local news and radio stations. If you should have any questions or you've had a change in phone number, please contact your child's school office.
This is a one day camp that the Festus High School Coaching Staff will offer on February 2, 2019. The cost is only $25 dollars and includes a camp t-shirt. The camp is open to 3rd through 8th grade and campers will be grouped based on age and ability. Check out the form for information. Please turn in your form by January 25th. If you have questions email Coach Jeff Montgomery at email@example.com
This week the Festus School Board received two reports. One is an analysis of expected future growth in the Festus R-VI School District. The other is the result of a recent phone survey of District patrons to gauge their thoughts about the School district and their potential support of various projects. A link to the results of both surveys is below.