The Festus R-VI School District announced today that the opening of its newly renovated football stadium will be postponed one week, and will now welcome fans for the first time on Friday, September 7, 2018. The ambitious construction schedule began in late March with the demolition of the old bleachers and press box. Over the summer the project encountered unavoidable delays caused by weather and a large, unanticipated amount of rock that had to be excavated. "Our contractor, Ed Boyer, worked extremely hard to meet the August 31st target date,” said Festus Athletic Director Eric Allen. “He was the only person to step forward to say he could even come close to meeting our deadline."
The decision to postpone the opening date is being made now to give everyone involved plenty of time to adjust their schedules. Superintendent Dr. Link Luttrell said, "It would have been unfair to wait until next week to make the decision. By acting now, we can adequately plan to welcome Tiger fans into the new stadium on September 7th. We want to make sure when we open the stadium, we are giving our fans the best possible experience." The new stadium opening date coincides with Twin City Days, a large community-wide celebration.
The Tigers' home opener against Sullivan High School will now be moved to Crystal City's J.J. Commerford Stadium on Friday, August 31st at 7:00 p.m. The stadium renovation is among many ongoing capital improvement projects, including enhanced security, additional classroom space, and a number of technology improvements that were made possible when voters approved Proposition 1 in April 2017.
The Festus R-VI School District is pleased to welcome three new teachers to the Elementary School for the 2018-19 school year. Melissa Carter will teach first grade, Katelyn Penrod and Devon Tolan will teach second grade. Please join us in welcoming them to the district and wish them a successful year.
UPDATE: August 20, 2018: We made some minor tweaks to the 6-12 PM Bus Routes. The changes are to routes 6, 14, 18 & 19. Please see the revised document below.
Here are the bus routes for the 2018-19 school year. Please keep in mind that buses could run later than scheduled for the first few days of school. Please be patient as the drivers and students get used to the routes for this year.
Online Registration is now open through Parent Portal! This is an exciting new feature that replaces most of the paperwork required at the beginning of each school year! No longer will you have to fill out the same family information for each student!
There are a couple of key items we want to bring to your attention:
- This process does NOT replace your physical attendance for Grade Level Registrations or Open House.
- For students in 7th-12th grades, online registration must be completed prior to students receiving their chromebook and schedules.
- Immunization requirements affect students going into Kindergarten, 8th and 12th grade, if your child is in need of an immunization, the school nurse will contact you directly.
- If your child requires different bus transportation pick up or drop off addresses, please contact the Transportation Department directly at 636-937-5716.
- Food Service forms can be printed from the link within Online Registration or you can pick up a paper copy during Open House.
What is the difference between Registration and Enrollment?
Registration = Current Student
Enrollment = New Student to the District
You will notice the forms are listed as ‘Family’ and ‘Student’. Family Forms change the information for all students listed in your family. Student Forms will only change data for the individual student.
Steps to complete forms:
- Log into Parent Portal
- Click Online Registration 2018-19 (Big red button)
- Select EDIT next to the form you wish to fill out
- Select SAVE & ‘I have completed this form’ before moving to next form. ALL pages will need this selected.
- Use the arrow buttons (bottom of form) to move to next screen NOT internet browser arrow buttons. Internet browser arrow buttons may kick you off portal.
- Please make sure all forms (student and family) state ‘completed’ next to them on the Online Registration Homepage.
- Not all students will have the same forms. (Each grade level may have forms and documents specific to that grade level)
- Choose Submit if finished. DO NOT choose submit if a student is missing on the registration list. Once all of the forms have been marked ‘completed’ next to them on the main registration page the Submit Forms option will appear.
All address changes must be done at the school office with a new proof of address document (this is required).
Parent/Guardian name changes are only accepted at the school office with documentation.
Questions can be directed to your child’s school office:
Elementary: 636-937-4063; Intermediate: 636-937-4750; Middle School: 636-937-5417; High School: 636-937-5944 or you can email questions to Paula Cox at email@example.com.
Thank you for completing online registration. We hope that this not only saves you, the parent time but also assists the district with updated data.