With the school year now more than halfway over, its time to begin looking toward next year.
High School registration nights are:
March 4 - Class of 2023 (current 8th graders) and 2021(current sophomores)
March 5 - Class of 2022 (current Freshmen) and 2020 (current Juniors)
Registration appointments will run from 3pm-8pm both nights in the high school library.. Students in 8th-11th grades will begin meeting with their School Counselor and Advisory teachers in the next few weeks to map out a course plan. Advisory teachers will also begin setting up appointment times for registration nights. Appointments last 10-15 minutes. Watch your email for an invitation to sign up. Students may also make the appointments directly with their Advisory teachers.
The Festus R-VI School District now distributes flyers via digital distribution through Peachjar. We strive to work with community organizations to provide our students and their families valuable opportunities and experiences. All flyers submitted for distribution are subject to district approval. Peachjar charges a small fee for distribution. If you would like to submit a flyer for approval you can click here.
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format and smaller than 6 MB.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
Peachjar will automatically add the following disclaimer:
"DISCLAIMER: The Festus R-VI School District does not sponsor this program. Distribution of this flyer is a community service and does not imply endorsement by the District.
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
This week the Festus School Board received two reports. One is an analysis of expected future growth in the Festus R-VI School District. The other is the result of a recent phone survey of District patrons to gauge their thoughts about the School district and their potential support of various projects. A link to the results of both surveys is below.